family

family

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Dad

Last week was a busy week for us with 1st birthday parties and a lot of family in town.  In the middle of the chaos though we got to celebrate a very special man in my life, my dad.  My dad is a guy that has been there for all of us through everything in life.  We spent hours in a gym shooting hoops and hitting volleyballs (still remember laughing as he tried to set me the ball).  He was the first to congratulate you on a big win, and first to point out a mistake we made in the win.  He has taught me so much in my life.  I will never forget him standing there with a smile on his face holding back the tears as he handed me over to my husband on our wedding day.  He always wanted the best for us and was there to support us to accomplish that.

On Saturday we got a chance to celebrate my dad for some of his accomplishments before all of his kids came along.  Although we weren't there through his sports playing days, we have heard many stories.  I always wondered exactly how much of the story was true and what was stretched a bit.  I couldn't have been more proud as my dad was inducted into the Washburn University Hall of Fame.  Apparently he was a heck of a football player there :)  It was great to hear about his good old days and meet/see some of his old friends.  We could not have been more proud of him and so glad we were there.  Love you to the moon and back Dad!  You deserve it!







No comments:

Post a Comment