family

family

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lawson is #1!

For Lawson's first birthday I decided to go with a football theme.  It seemed fitting for the middle of October.  Everyone is in football mode.  Lawson loves to play catch so I thought it would be a good fit for him too!  The evening went great with a lot of family here to celebrate.  Lawson was a little overwhelmed with all of his new toys and didn't know where to start.  Lucky for him, his brother and cousins were helping to show him how they all worked :)  Thanks for all who came to celebrate our wonderful little boy on his 1st Birthday!  Even though he may not remember it, it is a memory I will have forever.

Grandma and Grandpa Beck came through on Thursday, Lawson's actual birthday, to take everyone out for a birthday dinner.  They were on their way to Mississippi to visit the other Becks

Us with our Birthday Boy


For the meal I went with a tailgate theme.  We had BBQ Boneless wings, Chili (my mom's recipe), and Cheeseburger Sliders for the main course.  For sides there was Corn Dip w/ Chips, Tortilla Rolls Ups, pasta salad, potato salad, and Chex Mix that Jana brought for me.  It was a lot of food that I think everyone overstuffed themselves on.


Treat bags for the kiddos


I had to do the pictures from the year.  I just picked my favorites from each month.  It is crazy how fast a year goes.

I found Lawson's smash cake at Price Chopper for $5 and just added a candle.
We got a cake from Costco.  They did not disappoint!


For Lawson's jersey I really wanted one with a #1 on it since it was for his first birthday.  The only thing I could find though without special order $$$$, was a Missouri Tigers jersey.  I found it at TJ Max for $12.  To fix the Missouri thing, I just covered the tiger with an iron on football and added the name to the back.  I think it turned out really cute!










It took just a bit to figure out the cake thing, but then he dug in and loved it.

One last picture with Grandma and Grandpa Keeley after our bath before he headed off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment