family

family

Monday, November 2, 2015

Family Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, however after having children it has become more enjoyable to me.  With my children still young and very influential I have gotten to guide them in a costume choice that I think would be fun to do.  I have always stuck with their interest at the time though so it wasn't too difficult.  I like trying to coordinate their costumes and have been successful at that so far.  Who knows what next year will bring.

This year we added Laney to the crew so it took a little extra thinking.  We came up with a Toy Story theme with Woody, Buzz, and Jessie.  It turned out quite well if I do say so myself. 

The boys loved the outfits and wanted to get in them right when we woke up on Saturday.  Laney didn't hate it.

Laney's first Halloween.

Luke had a school party that he got to wear his costume to.  I always like to try and do a trunk or treat in the weeks before, but we didn't get a chance too.  We were able to go to Matt and Jana's church one on Saturday though to make it a full day of costume wearing and candy collecting.

For the evening we had planned to go trick-or-treating with Mitch, Christy, and Keeley.  They always have the idea of full family costumes so Erin and I had to join in the fun.  We added Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head to the group. 


We had a great time trick or treating.  The kids caught on quickly.  They loved going to all the houses and were excited for all the candy they got.  We are set for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment