family

family

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Washburn Hall of Fame

10 years ago I played on a team that had an unforgettable season that ended with a Division II National Championship.  My life has changed a lot since that day, but I can still remember those final games like it was yesterday.  A couple of weeks ago we got to relive those days once again as we were inducted into the Washburn University Hall of Fame.  Our entire team was there to celebrate, reminisce, and laugh about all the stories and memories.  It was great to visit with all the fans and supporters we had, and catch up with all the families that were there through it all.  We got to bring our own children back to the place Erin and me met.  (I remember my parents taking us by campus and telling us all sorts of stories, its only fair we do the same to our kids.)  Luke's big question was if we won all the games.  He was disappointed when I had to tell him we did lose two games that season.  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with all these special people!








No comments:

Post a Comment