family

family

Monday, November 4, 2013

Table Talk

I have become a huge fan of soups.  I think they are easy, lots of flavor, can do in crock pot, and great leftovers.  So many positives for this mom.  Most soups I make are really for Erin and me.  This one however both my children LOVED!  Both of them followed me into the living room with my bowl and stood there just waiting for their bite.  It was adorable.

This recipe came from our holiday soup supper last year.  Amanda brought it and I could not get enough. You have to try it out.  I am looking forward to making it many more times as the weather gets colder.
(sorry no pictures this time)


Hamburger Soup
1 ½  lb. ground beef
¾ cup chopped onion
¾ cup shredded carrots
¾ cup diced celery
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried parsley
4 T. butter
3 cup chicken broth
4 cup peeled & diced potatoes
¼ cup flour
2 cup cheese ( I use Velveeta )
1 ½ cup milk
¾ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
¼ cup sour cream

Brown ground beef; drain and set aside. In same pan, sauté onion,carrots,celery,basil and parsley in 1 T. butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 min.. add broth, potatoes and beef, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 12 min.. meanwhile in a small skillet melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 min. reduce heat. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment