family

family

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not a Baby Anymore

I have started to realize more and more how big Lukas has gotten.  First off there is his size.  He reaches up on the table and counters to get things himself now.  He seems just so tall, then I go to pick him up and he is one solid little man.  He works really hard and trying to get himself on the couch and chairs.  He has not quite figured that out yet, but I'm sure it is only a matter of days.  He has accomplished climbing on the ottoman and getting himself in the tub.

There have been a couple of specific things that have happened lately though that make me realize he thinks through things himself.  One situation was over Thanksgiving break.  We were over at my parents on Sunday afternoon.  My mom, sister and I were working on some crafts while the guys were watching some football while they dozed off.  Lukas was very content playing with the toys he had spread all over the basement.  We had brought the play pen down to the guest room and had it set up for his nap.  He went into that room to play with all of his toys.  After a bit I went in there to check on him and he had gotten into the play pen and put himself down for a nap!  I was in shock.

Here at home he has started doing similar things.  He reminds Erin and me daily to say his prayers both morning and night.  He will point and yell at the prayer on the wall until we say it.  Tonight Erin got Lukas into his pajamas and sat him down to play in his room.  Lukas walked over to his crib said night night and tried to figure out how to get in his bed.  Erin picked him up and he practically dove into his bed.  I guess he was tuckered out.  The kid loves to sleep just like his father.  :)

He is such a good little boy and I just can't believe how much he learns every day.  It is amazing to watch his little mind work.  Sorry it was a lot of writing for this post, but I just had to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment