family

family

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

This has been  busy week of Halloween festivities for us.  It started out with getting our pumpkins ready for the big day.   We had our friends over to carve pumpkins.  Amanda and I worked hard on them, and I think they turned out great!  Lukas was already in bed when we did this, but I didn't want him to feel left out so I thought we should paint a pumpkin with him.  He was very excited about it, until he decided to suck on his fingers in the middle of the project, and yes his fingers were covered in paint.  We got through it though and Lukas was able to finish his pumpkin.



Next came the trick or treating!  This year we decided to make the most of the holiday and spread it out for two days.  I figured since I made the costume we needed to wear it as much as possible :)

Sunday we went over to Claflin and trick or treated with Lukas' cousin Loghan at Grandma and Grandpa Beck's.  We were able to see a lot of family and get some good pictures.




Monday evening Erin and I took Lukas around to a few places here in Great Bend.  We even got to see his little buddy Eli in his elephant costume.  He started to figure out getting the candy and putting it in his bag.  He did a great job in his costume and the hood didn't bother him too much.  No complete break downs anyway.




It was a very successful 2nd Halloween!  The only bad thing is I had bought candy for our neighborhood kids, and we weren't home long enough to get any trick or treaters.  The problem is we have a lot of candy left for me to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment