family

family

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Creativity...

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! I know the weather was a bit of a damper around here, but GB still went crazy on the fireworks. We enjoyed hanging out with some of my family for the day. For the evening we went out to the Chambers' house to watch the night works going off in town. We had a cookout with a lot of great food. I always like to take desserts to things like this. I LOVE desserts, but if I make them at home I end up eating the whole thing. (Erin isn't a big sweets guy.) So I take full advantage of things like this. I also like to make things that look extra special for holidays.... the Red Devil Cake Trifle turned out very well!!!

I also decided to entertain myself with some sewing projects on Monday. My mom had given me a sewing machine for a bridal gift before our wedding (2 years ago), and I have now actually taken it out and used it. I think Erin was quite surprised that I knew how to use it. I had to try and remember everything I had learned from the good old days back in 4-H, but it went very well! I am not ready to really challenge myself much yet, but I did successfully make a new baby blanket! It has the sports on one side and just plain black on the other. I am thinking of trying some burp clothes next with some scrap material... I will let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Way to remember the 4H days! I wish I still had those troll shorts somewhere :) The blanket looks great and the dessert looks delicious! Wish we could have joined you out at the Chambers. Can't wait for the news that your new addition is here!

    ReplyDelete