family

family

Sunday, September 8, 2013

10 Years Ago

This past weekend I was able to get together with a group of people I hadn't seen or really hung out with in a decade as a whole group.  I attended my high school 10 year reunion. I  know ten years already!  I felt the same way at first, but then when thinking about it, I have accomplished or changed a lot in 10 years.  I graduated college and have been teaching for 6 years already.  I married my college sweetheart and we have two amazing and adorable boys.  It made me realize I have changed a lot in ten years along with many of my classmates.

I do feel like there is a big difference for things like this now than how it used to be.  This probably sounds kind of creepy and stalkerish, but with social media you can kind of keep up with everyone and the changes they go through.  It really is one of the main reasons I am on facebook to keep up with high school and college friends.  I was walking into an evening of "catching up" or at least hearing the news from the actual source.  I was nervous for this blast from the past, but it was a great night.  We missed some people that couldn't make it, but enjoyed all of the classmates that could.  Thanks for the evening of entertainment Class of 2003!


No comments:

Post a Comment