family

family

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mental Break Down

I feel like the new year brings a fresh start to everything.  I have had a hard time getting started with much at all though.  I am trying to get back in the swing of things at school, got all of the Christmas put away (except for the random things I keep finding around the house), laundry done, and all the basketball games beginning.  Through all of the hustle bustle I think I have lost my mind.

Let me back up a bit.  Erin is very difficult to buy for Christmas.  He is almost impossible to surprise with anything.  In years past he would just look at the box and know exaclty what it was.  Or he would just say what he thought I was getting him and I couldn't keep a straight face.  Well this year was different.  He has been real big on builing memories instead of "things".  So I came up with tickets to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert.  Erin has always told me that if I ever had a chance to get him tickets to see them, he would love to go.  So I looked into it and made it work.  Erin was surprised at Christmas and I was so happy he didn't guess it.

So yesterday at school I am thinking about where I put those tickets.  I remember taking them and placing them in "that spot" so I wouldn't lose them or throw them away.  Erin and I had cleaned up the house on Sunday and taken all the trash out for the trash pick up on Monday.  So Monday after school I came home to just double check that I knew where they were.  I checked everywhere I thought I had placed them and they were no where to be found!!!!  I searched the house for about an hour (prayed to St. Anthony) all while Erin was at practice.  It was awful.  I ruined the present.  Erin came home and I told him.  He just knows that we threw them away.  I decided to call the customer service of where we got them.  I was hoping maybe they could mail me new tickets, but I wasn't counting on it.  The service lady just asked if they were printed tickets or actual tickets.  When I told her they were printed she said she could just email me new ones!!!!  I dont' know why they didn't do that in first place!!!  Either way, don't worry, I have new tickets and we can once again go to the concert. 

For those of you that are actually still reading this blog I am atleast going to give you a picture of our little man to enjoy.  Sorry I got so long about nothing :)

This smile always makes things better!  (He is a fan of Aunt Beth's glasses)


No comments:

Post a Comment