family

family

Friday, August 20, 2010

1 Month Old!!!

I can't believe it, Lukas was a month old yesterday! Time has just flown by. It is crazy how a child completely changes your whole life. Some things just don't seem to matter anymore, the focus just turns to him and his needs. I am loving being a MOMMY!

Here are our 1 month pictures. I am stealing this idea from my sister-in-law. I have loved watching my nephew change in his pictures. Thanks Jana :)




Things about Lukas at one month:
  • He is up to 10 lbs. 2 oz. He has filled out so much. I can definantly tell a difference in his weight when I hold him. What can I say he takes after his mom and likes to eat!
  • He can still fit in most of his newborn clothes, but we have started to try on more 0-3 month clothes. I think I am just getting excited about different outfits to put on him.
  • His neck strength is coming along. He loves to hold his head up and look around at things. He struggles lifting it and turning it still when doing tummy time.
  • His legs are very strong! He loves to kick and practice standing on his legs. It gets very interesting during diaper changes when he does not want to loosen up and relax his legs.
  • Smiling - almost, he smiles at times but not really doing it on purpose yet, it is probably just gas :)
  • He loves to take naps on his tummy with his legs curled under him.
  • He is not a huge fan of the sun, he enjoys the cloudy days much more.
  • The bouncy/vibrating chair is a favorite of his. He will just sit and hang out in it.
  • He is still a little unsure of the swing, but does test it out at times.
  • Bath time has been great! He even loved it when the warm water was dumped on him at his Baptism.
  • Sleeping very well at night! Lets hope I don't jinx myself here.
More pictures from his first month of life!

We went to a wedding reception for our first family outing when Lukas was 5 days old.


This is what happens when I try to get a little extra sleep and Daddy and Aunt Christy are watching Lukas. They decide to test out all of the "toys" that Lukas got. I'm not sure a 3 week old is supposed to use his bumbo yet, but isn't it so cute!


Here he is just sleeping in his boppy. Check out those chubby cheeks!


Erin and I have learned so much already! I have loved watching Erin as a father. He does a wonderful job with Lukas. I look forward to everything we have ahead of us. I have learned to just enjoy the moment though, because time goes too fast and I don't need my baby to grow up any faster than he already is :)

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Cindy! I love being able to watch him grow and hear about what you all have been up to. I will be home over Labor Day weekend so I hope to meet Lukas then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he misses me. He's looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he told me today that he was missing that lady that kissed him on the head all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy he is adorable and I can't imagine how much he loves his Auntie C :)

    ReplyDelete