family

family

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Luke's is 7!!!

Every year I say this and I'm sure it will continue, but I can't believe how old Luke is getting.  I have done a lot of reminiscing about him lately and have loved sharing stories with him.  We have gotten to do a lot of celebrating our little boy, who is not so little anymore.

We started out on Monday evening doing our grandparent dinner.  Luke got to pick the menu and for the second year in a row has requested a seafood feast.  Erin did a great job of manning the grill and the food was delicious.  He got to open some presents and topped the night off with cake.

The banner was made years ago so it has Lukas.  I told him when I work on Lexi's I will switch it to Luke.  Maybe it will be done for his 8th :)




He got a new bike!



Dad and Luke trying it out
To keep the celebration going we had to go to Luke's favorite place, Playa Azul, for dinner this week.  It was not expecting the birthday tradition that they do and loved it.  Lawson quickly requested that we go there for his birthday as well. 




Luke also wanted to have a water party in our backyard with some friends.  We went and got some water guns and water balloons for the afternoon.  I would have thought the water balloons would have lasted us a little while, but 200 balloons were gone in about 5 minutes :)  They had a g.ood time running around and acting silly.





We had a great time celebrating Luke all week.  He is such a fun, loving, caring little boy.  I really enjoy having one on one conversations with him lately.  His mind is always going and thinking of new things.  Luke has become very helpful this summer with his brother and sisters, which Erin and I greatly appreciate.  We look forward to all the fun and new experiences we have ahead of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment