family

family

Friday, August 21, 2015

My Top 10 Thoughts of Game Night with Toddlers



As my husband has been preparing for week 1 of the season, it has made me think about getting ready for the games as well.  Our preparations are a little different.  It changes every year as the ages of the kids change, and we continue to add to the line up, but ready or not game night here we come!

My Top 10 Thoughts for the Game:

  1. We made it to the stadium just before kick off.... success (Not a lot of extra time to entertain, but yet there for the beginning)
  2. We made it with "the bag".  It has to hold everything we could possibly need, prepared for all different kinds of weather, and many different forms of entertainment.
  3. I have a whole new outlook on bleachers.  It is great when we get there and I notice that my kids AND their toys are safe from falling down under them.
  4. Ultimate fail when the boys find the snack bag and we just finished the National Anthem.
  5. Thank you to the person in front of us bringing the whole concession stand back with them.  You are like the candy lining the checkout aisle at the grocery store.  I'm sure my children won't notice your big tub of popcorn or your nachos.  Please make another trip back for candy.
  6. When Coach (my husband) asks if I saw that one play..... O yes honey, I just sat and watched the game.  I'm good if I know if we are ahead.  I'll catch that play when we watch film later at home.
  7. We may not play the part of knowing what is going on, but man do we look the part.  I am all about team coordinating our clothes and now bows even.
  8. I thought about potty training my almost 3 year old, but that means 10+ more trips to the bathroom during a game.  Whats the rush right?
  9. It takes an army to survive, and man am I glad I always have my support there to help.
  10. Thankful that we play one game a week (poor basketball wives that could do this multiple times a week).


I write this all in fun.  I love the fact that my husband coaches high school football and wouldn't want to miss it for anything.  I know we don't have to attend, but it is our way of supporting him and another thing he loves.  We look forward to the Friday Night Lights and all the fun that comes with it!  
Good Luck Patriots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment