family

family

Monday, May 11, 2015

MoMs' Day

It was just days before I was about to have Laney and Garth Brooks came out with a new song.  He was performing it for Good Morning America.  I didn't watch the show, but of course everyone was talking about it and posting everywhere.  I still didn't take the time to listen until I got a text from my brother.  He sent it out to our mom and my sisters.  I took the time to listen and of course began to cry.  Getting ready to give  birth to my child  put all sorts of thoughts through my head, but also just thinking about my own mother and her devotion to us through the years.  The line, "whose only goal in life is to make sure you are alright" is such a true statement of a mother's constant worry and struggle to do all she can for her children and family.  Its something I didn't truly understand until I became a mother myself.

I just want to thank my mother and mother-in-law for all they have done for me and my family.    Being a mother is something so special and such a blessing.  I thank God for the opportunity everyday.  Looking at my children brings such a smile to my face and joy to my heart.




Here are the lyrics for those of you that have not heard the song.  :)

"Mom"

A little baby told God, "Hey, I'm kinda scared
Don't really know if I want to go down there
From here it looks like a little blue ball
That's a great big place and I'm so small"

"Why can't I just stay here with you
Did I make you mad, don't you want me to?"
God said, "Oh, child, of course I do
But there's somebody special waiting for you"

[Chorus:]
So, hush now baby don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting
Whose only goal in fife
Is makin' sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel, tender, tough and strong
It's almost time to go and meet your mom

You'll never have a better friend
Or a warmer touch to tuck you in
She'll kiss your bruises, your bumps and scrapes
And anytime you hurt, her heart's gonna break

[Chorus]

Now, when she's talking to you
Make sure you listen close
'Cause she's gonna teach you everything
You'll ever need to know
Like how to mind your manners
To love end laugh and dream
And she'll put you on the path
That'll bring you back to Me

So, hush now little baby don't you cry
'Cause there's someone down there waiting
Whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel, tender, tough and strong
Come on child
It's time to meet your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment