family

family

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas in the City

As we get ready to head back to Kansas for the holidays (which we are all very very excited for) we thought we would do some Christmas things here before to get us in the spirit.

Of course the house got decorated with the trees, garland, music boxes, lights up outside and the favorite of the year the snowballs (we have daily snowball fights when dad gets home from work).  We got the new ornaments for the kids on their tree.  I have loved decorating a new house.  It took me a little while to find everything a home, but we did and I think it looked nice.  My favorite decoration had to be my new mantle decorations which were a Pinterest project I had been wanting to do.  After a few minor fixes, I think it turned out GREAT!



Usually we get to drive through the parks at home and see the lights.  I wanted to see what we could find up here.  I was told about Christmas in the Park in Lees Summit.  It did not disappoint, e once we figured out how to get in.  My husband was very patient with me trying to figure it out finally having to resort to going into Walgreens and asking.  Lukas had a plan of just driving through the fence.  He is quite the little problem solver.  We enjoyed an evening of frosting and decorating cookies.  I think eating them is the best part though.


This week we finally got down to Union Station and Crown Center to check it out.  Erin and I are probably looked at poorly because we didn't wait in the line to see Santa.  The boys didn't notice and we loved looking at everything else.  Hopefully Santa will make an appearance at the Strube Christmas (hint, hint) again this year and we can get our yearly picture of the boys screaming with the man in the big red suit.  Back to Union Station, the model train set up they do is really neat, especially to our boys that love trains.  They are very detailed in decorating it and making things special for Christmas.  We went and walked around Crown Center and saw the lights and the toys the kids can climb on.  It was a great evening with nice weather to enjoy.



Last night we had the boys open their gifts from Erin and me.  We wanted them to be able to play with them a couple of days before we head back for the holidays.  Lawson got a tent and Lukas got a big train set.  Both of them seemed to love the gifts which ended our Christmas here perfectly.


Now for the tough part, getting everything packed and loaded.  It is easier with the mini van though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment